Followers

Tuesday 2 March 2010

Pretentious - Moi?

I've had a bit of feedback from the drinking crew who last deemed fit to comment when I first mooted the ideas for this blog. True to form a hail of friendly banter has resulted from my decision to go ahead with it (until something interesting starts to happen in my life), but their latest comments about pretentious crap came a bit close to my personal retaliatory button.




In order to illustrate just how pretentious I could become, may I offer you, dear reader, a big pile of pretentious doo-doo written many years ago, when I actually believed I was good(ish) at poetry. Oh the naivety of youth!

I was into (trying to understand) John Donne at the time and the poem below was the result of a truly heart felt sentiment, expressed in the style of you know who, following a challenge to do so by a then current girlfriend who was way more clever than me. Are you still out there Gillian Wilde?

Having returned to this poem after so many years I guess that she won the challenge (and went on to be a headteacher - though I guess she may Now feel she actually lost after all).

Read Here ...

DONNE LAURENCEAUX England LAURENCEAU Lawrenceaux LAWRENCEAU Laureanceaux LAURANCEAU Lawranceaux LAWRANCEAU Loranceaux LORANCEAU Lorranceaux LORRANCEAU POETRY Prose POEMS Social Comments HUMOUR Humerous SMILE Smiling LAUGH Laughing LAFF Laffing CYNICAL Truism TRUISMS Welcome HULL Kingston-Upon-Hull Kingston Upon Hull KINGSTON-ON-HULL Kingston On Hull YORKSHIRE East Yorkshire HUMBERSIDE Yorkshire DEPRESSION ThisISUll FED-UP Pissed-Off LONELY Disgruntled DISSOLUSIONED Blue BLACK Thinking BLOG Blogger LYONEL


No comments: