Followers

Sunday 30 July 2023

LONELINESS















Loneliness is isolation;
loneliness is a dark room
with smooth walls,
a cold floor
and endless expanse.
A chasm of fear
with no key,
for there are no doors in the room,
no escape 'cept upward;
pulled out by a friend.

Personal thought - Written in my youth, I had yet to realise that a single person actually helped me realise that I had locked myself in a small mental space that disallowed me from seeing a sunny world. A single new friend.

Youthful depression makes you become alone as you slowly withdraw from the "real world" and it is not easy for others to spot. Usually slow, yet insidious, the sufferer may actually assist in their descent by always feeling like "the odd one out".

You may be able to be someone's single person.




No comments: