Followers

Sunday 26 November 2023

Another GUMTREE experience



Gumtree is a very good idea for recycling, upcycling, repurposing, almost anything, but my God there are some idiots, scammers, greedy, grasping, weird or just plain insulting people using it. Below is one I believe was just a time-waster, or a "phisher" for details (who was successful in this case because I foolishly gave "BAZ - a new user with no history" my address).

This is our Gumtree conversation (over 5 days for an old PlayStation and a few games that had not sold for £10 for months)


Hi, is this still available? Thanks!
Wed 11:26
Baz it is. If you pick it up from Hull I'll give you it for free.
Wed 18:29
B
Hi - sorry for late response. I am very happy for that. What's your address and I can pick up on Friday afternoon
Wed 22:37
1020 Summergangs Road, hu88lp
Wed 22:50
B
Actually if you're in - it might be best if I come on Sunday morning.
Wed 22:58
Ok sun am no earlier than 10am
Wed 23:00
B
Ok thanks
Wed 23:00
B
Actually - it might be a chore getting a bus there. could you meet me at hull interchange - I'll give you a £5 for your trouble
17:26
B
I can't come tomorrow to hull. I can come to town please leave me a reply
19:30
You are having a laugh mate, the deal is off. If you had given me your address to start with I might have delivered, but no way am I running around town. I'm gonna just chuck this lot in the bin now, please don't contact me again.

No comments: