Followers

Tuesday 20 December 2011

FEELINGS


This poem of mine was recorded by the band Kraftberk101 who sent me a copy that I have since misplaced. Performed in a trance like monotone it is a hypnotic chiller. If I come across the CD I'll let you hear it.
 
I thought my love was underhand.
But how wrong.
So wrong.
It welled up and filled my soul.
Fast: 'till I could not hold.
And how it came I cannot explain.
But I am glad.
Glad that it came.
Glad but sad that my love,
my mixed-up feelings could never be.
I tried to show,
without flamboyance.
With discretion.
Without embarrassment,
my feelings for you,
and about you.
I did not know.
I do not know if you knew or saw.
But I longed for you to see me there.
To pluck my line and tow me in.
To give to me what I would give.
To recognise me as I did thee.
This I thought before we met,
really met I mean.
When I told, or try to tell,
of all that I did feel.
You listened.
You stayed.
You heard what I tried to say.
And thought;
not laughed or brushed words aside.
Thought and answered.
And listening to you I understood,
that subject matter it should not bloom.
That regard should remain.
That friendship live.
And for this I do thank you.


Love is a fearsome master






LAURENCEAUX England LAURENCEAU Lawrenceaux LAWRENCEAU Laureanceaux LAURANCEAU Lawranceaux LAWRANCEAU Loranceaux LORANCEAU Lorranceaux LORRANCEAU POETRY Prose POEMS Social Comments HUMOUR Humerous SMILE Smiling LAUGH Laughing LAFF Laffing CYNICAL Truism TRUISMS Welcome HULL Kingston-Upon-Hull Kingston Upon Hull KINGSTON-ON-HULL Kingston On Hull YORKSHIRE East Yorkshire HUMBERSIDE Yorkshire DEPRESSION ThisISUll FED-UP Pissed-Off LONELY Disgruntled DISSOLUSIONED Blue BLACK Thinking BLOG Blogger LYONEL






No comments: