Followers

Monday 19 December 2011

THE LAST GREAT ADVENTURE?




An "end-game" of addiction, the despair of a life only going one way: some people are predisposed to drug abuse, as others are to alcohol abuse, quite possibly because they are "bored" or were abused themselves, but more probably because they have lost essential feelings of self worth or have become detached from mainstream society; a society with ever increasing demands for total conformity. Is there any future other then your drug of choice and how would you imagine your final fix? ......

It's near me and full
and I must smash it to survive;
but as the liquid slides through the needle
sheathed in my hand,
the hit in my brain takes me.

I am dying;
a living horror of pseudo pleasures,
but entombed in the folds of my mind
the deep silence briefly intoxicates,
before synesthesia of light
becomes a cacophony of sound
and fearing harsh reds,
screaming yellows
and agonising blues,
I close my eyes
to see another me of former beauty
and we stare as if each the reflection of vanity.
She pities me
but I laugh in her face
as she sheds cloned images;
advancing as a distorting hoard
intent upon my self destruction.



















For those lucky enough to escape from their habit, researchers are coming to understand the benefits of taking hallucinogenic drugs for therapeutic reasons, though is recommended, following a recently disorder called  HPPD.
CEAU POETRY Prose POEMS Social Comments 

No comments: