Followers

Friday 8 March 2024

SUSAN FEWSTER R.I.P.

My sister-in-law died yesterday of cancer. We will miss her greatly. She was the bedrock of many people's life's, steadying for them their twists and turns of life with selfless dedication and little thought to her own requirements. She was a loyal, friendly, helpful, supportive and caring person who we will miss greatly and think of often.  Sue Fewster , Susan Fewster , Susan Fewster (nee Markham) , Sue Fewster (Nee Markham) , Bat Bat , batbat ,

Susan Fewster R.I.P.


I have come to the end of my journey
and the sun has set for me,
but I want no rites in a gloom filled room;
why cry for my soul set free?
Miss me a little please
but not for long with heads bowed,
remember my love or friendship
and smile when I’m not around.
Take care of yourselves my friends,
may your care of others abound;
take time to reflect upon the Earth
and what you leave to be found.

* This poem was inspired by an original by Christina Georgina Rossetti
























With hindsight her hospital (Hull's Castle Hill) made a pigs-ear of her treatments - undue delays in treatment (due to petty strike action and the catch-all excuse of COVID), "lost" test results, "trying" different medications like they didn't really have a clue (or much interest), different doctors popping-in to ask inane questions, as if they were there out of curiosity to see what near-death looks like. There was nothing more telling than when one nurse on the ward confided, "you wouldn't treat an animal like this". Complain you may say? 

What's the point of taking on a well oiled excusing and denial machine.

Cancer patients at risk, again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again

No comments:

Post a Comment