Followers

Thursday 11 February 2010

JOB SATISFACTION (1984)


Sitting in the box called work
a screen flickers
as if unsure of its mode
and I observe discompassionately.


We talk in jumbled mnemonics
and jargonise,
but not a word is spoken.
The arms of a tin box,
I feed it;
I cater as to a stricken child
on a selfish streak;
feed checks
read checks
tape errors
IO's,
you and me.
I hate you you bastard.
I give you all
but you give me nothing.


IBM 370 Mainframe - bane of my life (then)
WORK Career Promotion Job LAURENCEAUX England LAURENCEAU Lawrenceaux LAWRENCEAU Laureanceaux LAURANCEAU Lawranceaux LAWRANCEAU Loranceaux LORANCEAU Lorranceaux LORRANCEAU POETRY Prose POEMS Social Comments HUMOUR Humerous SMILE Smiling LAUGH Laughing LAFF Laffing CYNICAL Truism TRUISMS Welcome HULL Kingston-Upon-Hull Kingston Upon Hull KINGSTON-ON-HULL Kingston On Hull YORKSHIRE East Yorkshire HUMBERSIDE Yorkshire DEPRESSION ThisISUll FED-UP Pissed-Off LONELY Disgruntled DISSOLUSIONED Blue BLACK Thinking BLOG Blogger LYONEL


No comments: