Followers

Tuesday 19 January 2010

Don't talk to me!



We all get them - you know; the veiled atavistic threat of damnation (or misfortune at the very least) that accompanies many chain-mail, pseudo social viruses that frequently arrive in your inbox. I usually tempt Beelzebub straight away by binning them as my friends and me are not really into schmaltzy, puppy-eyed, clap-trap; super-sexist, hyper-racist (tribal as I prefer to say) or zodiacal rubbish that circulates the "intersphere" of the fourth dimension of reality that is known to us as the World Wide Web, the Internet, the Arpanet, the Milnet, or whatever else you remember it once being called. Anyway - I digress.

I bin them, but every now and again a "blood-boiler" arrives, that for some reason makes me wish I was a dictator of Stalinist proportions (although others are available from various outlets on the global high street), who could vent the bile and spite of the backwaters of my psyche (mostly inhabited by politics, waste and the state of the nation amongst others), without some PC arsehole reminding me of the rights of man; other men usually.

Here is an example of a "blood-boiler" that arrived today, feeding a Pavlovian aversion of mine to monumental waste by our government(s), that is funded by ever-more contrived taxation and legislation:

The next time you hear a politician use the word 'billion' in a casual manner, think about whether you want the 'politicians' (Including Quangos and NGOs) spending YOUR tax money without at least checking with their treasurers. (Us you fool!)

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but an advertising agency did a reasonable job of putting one into a perspective:-

A billion seconds ago it was 1959.
A billion minutes ago Christianity is though to have fired-up.
A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.
A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.
A billion Pounds ago was only 13 hours and 12 minutes at the rate our government is currently spending it, mostly through taxation, of which not one of these existed 100 years ago:

Building Permit Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Income Tax
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel Permit Tax
Hunting License Tax Inheritance Tax
Inventory Tax (a tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Local Tax
Luxury Tax
Marriage License Tax
Petrol/Diesel Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Road Usage Tax
Service charge taxes
Social Security Tax
Unemployment Tax
Vat Tax (Re-raised!)
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

100 years ago Britain was probably the most prosperous nation ever, we had absolutely no national debt and when we spoke no-one laughed openly at us. Now we are just a (bad) joke.

What has happened?

Like all good propaganda this pressed my buttons and I boiled over; silently of course because I am British (and a devotee of "Mayism" - after James May of Top Gear fame).

When I can think dispassionately I may return to this blog item, but I'm off for now.

No comments: