Followers

Tuesday 19 January 2010

FLAG





















I saw our flag
flapping and stuttering against its pole.
I saw our flag straining,
writhing and contorting
in a wind of change.

I saw the pole unbending.
Dogmatic in its stance,
leashing and lashing the flag
that gently stroked with fraying edges
its master's stand.

I saw our flag,
with a gentle embrace,
envelop the greasy pole
and then, as if to retain dignity,
I saw it fall.

That flag caressed my soul,
but I saw a truth profound
as I picked it from the ground;
for there is a hole through which all can pass
to corrode us from inside.

Our flag had lost its heart.
As we have lost our heart.
At the foot of our gallows pole.

PATRIOTISM Patriot PATRIOTIC Immigration LAURENCEAUX England LAURENCEAU Lawrenceaux LAWRENCEAU Laureanceaux LAURANCEAU Lawranceaux LAWRANCEAU Loranceaux LORANCEAU Lorranceaux LORRANCEAU POETRY Prose POEMS Social Comments HUMOUR Humerous SMILE Smiling LAUGH Laughing LAFF Laffing CYNICAL Truism TRUISMS Welcome HULL Kingston-Upon-Hull Kingston Upon Hull KINGSTON-ON-HULL Kingston On Hull YORKSHIRE East Yorkshire HUMBERSIDE Yorkshire DEPRESSION ThisISUll FED-UP Pissed-Off LONELY Disgruntled DISSOLUSIONED Blue BLACK Thinking BLOG Blogger LYONEL


No comments: