Followers

Thursday 21 January 2010

I'm still thinking

Ah ha - we meet again! I am still thinking about this blog lark and wondering if it's for me. Do I want to tell anyone anything about me or just try to amaze people with wit and eloquence (fat chance!). 
Do I want people to know "me" or what I tell them is me? 

Am I doing this for me or for "you", to fill my life or yours? 

Today for instance I feel like ranting on about my public sector employer; where planning how to tick boxes seems far more important then actually doing work that allows the boxes to be honestly ticked; where "post-implementation review" is a phrase heard so rarely that I have almost forgotten it means to measure achievement and useful functionality against that expected from a program of "planned" changes, that we ..... 

There you go - that's what I mean! That sort of blog is not me. That's called moaning and is boring to write and even more boring to read, though to tell you I prefer woman with small hips and black people with small lips is so personal that such a blog would not be prudent and once again boring to read. 

I have to give this blog more thought. I have to review my personal "Freakonomic"* imperatives for continuing with it. I hope to see you again....... 




* "Freakonomics" by Steven D. Levitt & Stephen J. Dubner, a Penguin Books paperback (ISBN 9780141019017 - 336 pages) from 2006. An intriguing book; detailing the underlying economic imperatives behind many apparently unrelated real-world activities and observed realities. By processes of regression and deconstruction (with a light touch in the book), "freakish" truths are "proved". This book starts well, but by page 200 it starts the decent into repetition and self-publicising aggrandisement. Borrow it if you can.

No comments: