Followers

Tuesday 26 January 2010

Wazbag


It appears be the case that I am a married curmudgeon (according to some), who loves riding motorbikes and my wife (deliberate innuendo – duh!), but mostly I love my wife (now and again), who has not been well lately. She is the rock of my life and sometimes the rocks in my pocket when I feel like swimming in a different way, but all ships need ballast to stay on a true course and I guess she must be mine, for she has been a long time in the hold.

I really am in mixed metaphor mode today, but I guess you know what I’m going to say Wazbag. I hope you get a bit better (and thinner) and enjoy your holiday in Egypt. Don’t swap your sister for a camel - she’s worth two goats at the most.

For you readers out there (who I am guessing must be sat on the edge of my very own event-horizon, for I currently see none of you at all), I would like to show that I am not a totally irreverent malcontent by revealing a poem of mine from last year's valentines day. Not too bad after 28 years service.

P.S. Do not call me a wrinkly! 

The real deal - lovely


RING

There's a ring of truth upon my finger
protecting me from the past.
A ring of contentment white with age
for evermore to last.

A sign of fidelity
confirming reality,
in a groove of mutated skin,
proving my tears
after all these years,
are only wept for you.

There's a ring of truth upon my finger
fusing my soul to yours.
A golden truth, for all to see,
a bonding force twixt you and me,
a cover for still youthful skin
a proof of love, through thick and thin.

MARRIAGE Married BETROTHED Partner LAURENCEAUX England LAURENCEAU Lawrenceaux LAWRENCEAU Laureanceaux LAURANCEAU Lawranceaux LAWRANCEAU Loranceaux LORANCEAU Lorranceaux LORRANCEAU POETRY Prose POEMS Social Comments HUMOUR Humerous SMILE Smiling LAUGH Laughing LAFF Laffing CYNICAL Truism TRUISMS Welcome HULL Kingston-Upon-Hull Kingston Upon Hull KINGSTON-ON-HULL Kingston On Hull YORKSHIRE East Yorkshire HUMBERSIDE Yorkshire DEPRESSION ThisISUll FED-UP Pissed-Off LONELY Disgruntled DISSOLUSIONED Blue BLACK Thinking BLOG Blogger LYONEL



No comments: