Followers

Saturday 27 February 2010

THAT'S LIFE!

In a world of insecurity,
built upon adversity
and ruled with hypocrisy
by oft' corrupt bureaucracy,
that pollute the word democracy
with aims of autocracy,
silently eating individuality
and fostering conformity.
Whatever happened to
the silent majority?




Poem en Francais? .....

Dans un monde d'insécurité,
construit sur l'adversité
et a prévalu avec hypocrisie
bureaucratie corrompue,
qui polluent le mot démocratie
avec des objectifs d'autocratie,
manger silencieusement l'individualité
et promouvoir la conformité.
Qu'est-il arrivé à
la majorité silencieuse.



DEMOCRACY Hypocrisy LAURENCEAUX England LAURENCEAU Lawrenceaux LAWRENCEAU Laureanceaux LAURANCEAU Lawranceaux LAWRANCEAU Loranceaux LORANCEAU Lorranceaux LORRANCEAU POETRY Prose POEMS Social Comments HUMOUR Humerous SMILE Smiling LAUGH Laughing LAFF Laffing CYNICAL Truism TRUISMS Welcome HULL Kingston-Upon-Hull Kingston Upon Hull KINGSTON-ON-HULL Kingston On Hull YORKSHIRE East Yorkshire HUMBERSIDE Yorkshire DEPRESSION ThisISUll FED-UP Pissed-Off LONELY Disgruntled DISSOLUSIONED Blue BLACK Thinking BLOG Blogger LYONEL


7 comments:

  1. I'm going to go ahead and guess...they're writing poetry. Or blogs. Or both?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet right now you are feeling pretty good, in a smug sort of sniping way (I do sometimes as well), but I have to ask if your real name is socialoutcast1888 by any chance, or justplainboring1888, for your comments thus far, as far as I can tell (and I may be wrong, but I doubt it) have been pretty meagre. Perhaps you would come across a little better with more substance to your valued comments, but I doubt you could actually be bothered. Anyway - bye for now. Enjoy the life that you think you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - that's a little harsh. I'm stung to the core by your casual dismissal and hurtful comments. I was only attempting an answer to the question you posed. Or do you not really want others' opinions (unless, presumably, they are unambiguously favourable)? Perhaps, if that is the case, you are going to find the blogosphere a somewhat inhospitable climate. You may find a more satisfying release for your frustrations standing on a soapbox at Speakers' Corner, bellowing at random strangers through a megaphone.
    Does this comment have enough "substance" for you, or shall I go on?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back saucyjack188, this latest comment is also your longest to this blog so in that sense we are making progress. It's not that I want to be the only person droning on about "stuff" here, but your "introductions" to date have been abrasive and without great substance. As I see it, this blog is here, inviting INTERACTION and not verbal assault. I can hold my own in written insults but what's the point of that. Anonimity engenders a bolder writing style in all of us and you can obviously string reasoned sentences together, so please do go on, though not with a slap in the face for anyone who happens to waste a part of their life doing this sort of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think comments should be judged in terms of quality, not quantity. As for being "abrasive" and/or carrying out a "verbal assault" - I fear you may have misinterpreted my natural dry humour for something more unpleasant. Whether this is a failing on your part or on mine is a somewhat moot point. For what it's worth, I have found your entries so far to be quite intriguing. I shall continue to observe from a respectful distance...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that's it then - we seem to have made up and are ready to "move on" as some would say. I am not sure how I will take to feedback, but as more comes I suspect I will tend not to over scrutise it as have done thus far. The summer is coming (hopefully), which always lightens my spirit and dampens my cynicism triggers. Bye for now - stay on board.

    ReplyDelete