Followers

Thursday 12 October 2023

ODE TO COLLEEN (Bransholme '76)

You may recall an earlier poem, A DAY AT SCHOOL (Bransholme '76), discovered in the trunk I've been dumping stuff since finishing my state education at Bransholme High (and this) (and this) transitioned me into adulthood

I wrote a lot of stuff then, for my own pleasure and the challenge of writing odes and poems "to order"; one of which I present now. If you happen to be the original recipient of "your order" and wish me to remove it, please drop me a line.



ODE TO COLLEEN (Bransholme '76)

I am the poet, I know Colleen,
but she does things that just have to be seen.
Riding down Tweendykes on her mean machine,
pedalling like fury, a flying queen.
With legs like pistons and coat flapping wide,
she's away like the wind, as strong as the tide.

Colleen's passion of day or night
is to ride up Tweendykes on the right,
but her ultimate goal, conceived without fuss,
is to run herself up a 34 bus!
Colleen is a goer I must declare,
but not in public, I wouldn't dare.

Colleen is a woman,
who's polite and serene.
One to be titled, Bransholme Queen.
Yes, this is a friend who is so rare,
who will not be abused.
Of one to take care.

In a ledger of odes, this one was well received at the time. Happy days!



Here is that 34 bus

No comments:

Post a Comment