Followers

Friday 13 October 2023

ODE TO SUZANNE (Bransholme '76)

You may recall an earlier poem, A DAY AT SCHOOL (Bransholme '76), discovered in the trunk I've been dumping stuff since finishing my state education at Bransholme High (and this) (and this) transitioned me into adulthood.

I wrote a lot of stuff then, for my own pleasure and the challenge of writing odes and poems "to order"; one of which I present now. If you happen to be the original recipient of "your order" and wish me to remove it, please drop me a line.



ODE TO SUZANNE (Bransholme '76)

Suzanne is a bit of a chore
or so some people say,
but let them say that to me I say
and they wont see the light of day.

She may be silly
ruthless and mad,
but after all, 
that's not that bad?

She's honest and open,
that's all you need,
who says she's crazy?
Madness indeed.

Our Su's not mad
and not at all bad,
quite delectable
in her own kind of way.

"We love you Su" .......

If Suzanne left we'd have nothing to do,
no-one to strangle - "your shoe's in the loo!"
We'd be so bored, have a life so dull,
but give us Suzanne and the place packs full.

With this tale told I want your thanks.
So a round of applause for fantastic Su,
Our loving eccentric,
who's NEVER a chore.

The maw I think of this girl now, I realise she was the big light in the room. She made everyone happy. Happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment