Followers

Friday 6 October 2023

LOVE (NO MORE?)

Choices can be painful, as was evident at this time.

  
If I could express that that I feel,
for a beautiful girl,
before whom I'd kneel,
this page I'd fill to it's depthless full,
with indistinct feelings,
to others so dull;
but I cannot say that that I feel,
for even to me, this feeling's unreal.
To reveal her name, this I can't.
We have our secrets,
I shan't.
But she to me is all the world,
filling my thoughts,
most absurd;
and now as I write I think of her ... 
    
"Why did we end it girl so fair"? 


Personal commentAt this time, "Alison" by Elvis Costello was popular and really resonated with my feelings; expressing far more eloquently what was in my heart, which did not hasten recovery from a love lost. Time passed, as it does, but my mind was drawn back and soon after I wrote this poem.

MISS AFFECTION

Miss affection where are you now?
Miss affection, I need your hand in mine.
I miss you miss affection.
Know the state I'm in
and realise I miss you
miss affection.

No comments: